Digital Marketing is perhaps one of the most growing freelance job marketing in India. With more and more companies opting for online presence, digital marketers are needed to perform a host of marketing-oriented activities like Search Engine Optimization, Social media Marketing, Content Marketing, Paid Advertisement on Google, etc.
Skills required to become a freelance digital marketer:
- In-depth technical know-how and excellent grasp of Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, and Google PPC
- Outstanding copywriting/content writing and editing skills
- Experience in working with analytics tools like Google Analytics, Moz Pro, KissMetrics, SEMrush, Similarweb, Ahrefs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge in business development and marketing
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a digital marketer:-
- Run website audit to find technical SEO loopholes and suggest solutions for them
- Plan and execute a digital marketing strategy
- Write, edit, and produce original content on your own if required or coordinate with the content writer to do so.
- Create graphics to support content or coordinate with the designer to supply the graphic content according to the requirements
- Build email marketing campaigns
- Develop PPC campaigns and bidding strategies
- Establish and plan A/B testing
- Prepare lead nurturing emails including effective landing pages
- Be part of the creative process: think of creative ways to promote content, and events, and engage your audience
- Run social media campaigns and monitor post performance
- Regular check Analytics to see traffic flow to the website, and much more
Average pay earned by a freelance digital marketer in India:-
- According to Upwork survey, it is $10 – $60 average hourly pay
- According to Glassdoor survey, it is ₹34,312 monthly