Most Popular Freelancer Jobs in India – Part 3: Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is perhaps one of the most growing freelance job marketing in India. With more and more companies opting for online presence, digital marketers are needed to perform a host of marketing-oriented activities like Search Engine Optimization, Social media Marketing, Content Marketing, Paid Advertisement on Google, etc.
Skills required to become a freelance digital marketer:
- In-depth technical know-how and excellent grasp of Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, and Google PPC
- Outstanding copywriting/content writing and editing skills
- Experience in working with analytics tools like Google Analytics, Moz Pro, KissMetrics, SEMrush, Similarweb, Ahrefs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge in business development and marketing
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a digital marketer:-
- Run website audit to find technical SEO loopholes and suggest solutions for them
- Plan and execute a digital marketing strategy
- Write, edit, and produce original content on your own if required or coordinate with the content writer to do so.
- Create graphics to support content or coordinate with the designer to supply the graphic content according to the requirements
- Build email marketing campaigns
- Develop PPC campaigns and bidding strategies
- Establish and plan A/B testing
- Prepare lead nurturing emails including effective landing pages
- Be part of the creative process: think of creative ways to promote content, and events, and engage your audience
- Run social media campaigns and monitor post performance
- Regular check Analytics to see traffic flow to the website, and much more
Average pay earned by a freelance digital marketer in India:-
- According to Upwork survey, it is $10 – $60 average hourly pay
- According to Glassdoor survey, it is ₹34,312 monthly