Most Popular Freelancer Jobs in India – Part 4: Website/Mobile App Development
The salaries or remunerations of a techie or an IT professional are very high in the job market. And that is why many web developers prefer to work as a freelancer besides being regular full-time or part-timers. Web Developers either specialize in front-end development which focuses on developing the interface the users interact with or back-end development which focuses on creating the code that powers a website’s functionalities.
Skills required to become a freelance web developer:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Testing and debugging skills.
- In-depth knowledge of back-end development basics.
- Excellent design and UI /UX skills.
Daily routine, roles and responsibilities of a freelance web developer
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
Average pay earned by a freelance web developer in India:-
- According to Glassdoor survey, it is ₹16,973 per month
- According to Indeed survey, it is ₹16,594 per month