A graphic designer is an artist who designs art in both print & electronic media, such as magazines, television graphics, logos, and websites. They create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inform and inspire consumers. They develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports.
As a freelance graphic designer, one is expected to design and develop visual solutions for brand promotion and marketing for clients. Their primary job is to create eye-catching visual communication elements like logos, brochures, posters, banners, hoardings, websites, web banners, social media posts, videos, etc.
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a content writer:-
Skills required to become a freelance graphic designer:
- Creative flair with a passion for design
- An eye for details
- Excellent colour concept, graphic element, and layout ideas
- Skills in illustration both by hand or using designing software
- Proficiency in working with design tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, Adobe Premiere, Canva, etc.
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a freelance graphic designer:
- Understand the design briefs and determine requirements
- Conceptualizing visuals based on the requirements of the clients
- Creating images, rough drafts, and layouts by hand or using design software
- Testing graphics across various media
- Schedule project delivery time and define budget constraints
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce the final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure that final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and appropriate for the brand promotion
Average pay earned by a freelance graphic designer in India:
- According to the PayScale survey, it is ₹295.59 average hourly pay
- According to Glassdoor survey, it is ₹4,18,761 annually