India is fast becoming a freelancers’ hub as this gig economy is growing here too. More and more members of the young workforce are keen on taking up smaller projects so that they can concentrate on them and bring out the best results by giving the maximum effort. Content Writing is one of the most popular freelancer jobs in India.
Modern consumers rely on information available on the internet while searching for products or services. The different types of content that are available online are carefully created and curated by highly professional content writers. And this task can be performed sitting anywhere in the world, provided you have a laptop and an internet connection. Hence, freelance content writing services are on-demand everywhere. One can sit in their home in a suburb of India and pick up local, national as well as international projects through the numerous freelancing platforms available in the market, and carry on with the task easily from the comfort of their home.
Demand for Content Writers in the Digital Marketing industry is ever increasing. It is because people all over the world are now relying on internet to search for various information. Different types of content like infographic, blogs, articles, website content, product descriptions and reviews, video content, etc. are fast filling up the platter of any one who is searching for data.
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a content writer:-
Skills required to become a freelance content writer:
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge in SEO content writing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the language chosen
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to stay updated with the changes in the market
- Proficient in working with content platforms like WordPress, Blogspot, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to write different types of content on different niche
Daily routine, roles, and responsibilities of a freelance content writer:
- Conduct researches on relevant industry-related topics
- Combining online sources, interviews, and studies to come up with meaningful content for websites, blogs, and social media platforms
- Write clear marketing copy to promote products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using CMS or other tools
- Proofread and edit content before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams for illustrating articles
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to write content that will drive traffic to the website
- Promote content on social media
- Identify the customers’ needs and gaps in the content bucket and recommend new topics
- Update website content if required
Average pay earned by a freelance content writer in India:
- According to the PayScale survey, it is ₹475 average hourly pay
- According to Indeed survey, it is ₹16,594 per month